These terms and conditions shall govern how the Eastrise Aviation online and taught ground school is used. For the sake of clarity and simplicity, this theoretical training facility shall either be called the EOGS, Eastrise Ground School, or Online Ground School, School et cetera. By using our ground school, you agree that you are not in a formal contract with Eastrise Aviation. You have simply agreed to purchase a subscription to access the online or taught (on-campus) ground school.
We may periodically revise these and all terms and conditions within a short notice or without prior notice at all. We will however, do our diligence to post a notification of the revised conditions on the official website or on this page accordingly.
Using the Online Ground School
For your best experience, we have designed the online ground school to be undertaken on a desktop computer. It can, of course be taken on a mobile phone albeit not all phones. Better experiences on a mobile phone or tablet will be enhanced when our mobile apps become available. Subscription to our ground school does NOT grant the subscriber access to actual flight training. Flight training is another component of the pilot training package and has to be paid for separately upon requesting a formal training quote from Eastrise Aviation.
Periodic Site Maintenance
Just as any website, we are likely to undertake scheduled or unplanned maintenance on the Eastrise online ground school. By purchasing a subscription and/or accepting to use our site, you agree to this condition. We may, owing to prolonged outage, extend the subscription by the days the site was not accessible. However, we will NOT refund an equivalent of the amount nor be responsible for any loss, damage whatsoever caused due to the outage. To ensure 99.9 percent uptime, we host this website and all subdomains with a third party outside Malawi whose terms and conditions we have accepted. As it is not directly hosted by us, we do not take responsibility for outages arising due to problems faced by our hosting company or inadvertently corrupted files.
Granting Access to Unauthorised Personnel
We may request restitution in the form of a penalty (fee) or suspend your subscription (membership) to the Eastrise online ground school if we discover that:
- You are granting or have granted another person or persons access to the course material,
- We have a non-reconcilable conflict with you,
- You have granted a non-human user (a bot or similar) access to your Eastrise account,
- You have requested that we temporarily suspend your subscription owing to valid reasons such as illness, tragedy and other valid personal demands.
Moreover, your subscription will also be withdrawn (lapse) at the end of the course period and when;
- You have completed the course,
- You have notified us that you have voluntarily withdrawn your subscription,
- You are using the website for illegal activities among them sending spam, hateful speech, spreading terrorism and others,
- You are or have accessed our website using programmes or apps designed to harvest personal information, or with the intention of hacking or injecting the Eastrise website or subdomains with malware or other illegal tools,
- You have attempted or successfully managed to copy the contents of the Eastrise website including but not limited to the online ground school resources,
- You registered to the Eastrise online ground school with the intention of harvesting or copying the information for private or commercial use.
Renewal of Subscriptions
Students may be allowed to renew their subscription after it expires at a reduced fee. This enables students who did not complete their ground school to reduce their cost. However, we may decline the renewal at a reduced fee if:
- You have successfully completed and passed the knowledge tests at the civil aviation authority,
- We suspect that you are being dishonest in the resubscription process such as trying to buy a subscription on behalf of a prospective student at a reduced fee,
- Our course is being revised owing to industry and other factors.
We have carefully researched and structured our course content to match the local and international curriculum – vis-à-vis what would be expected to be learned at the level of training that your subscription is valid for. However, we do not take responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from your failure to pass examinations or to discharge your duties due to the knowledge gained from our training platform or lack thereof.
These Ground School Terms and Conditions are current as at 22 October 2019. E&OE. © Eastrise Aviation.